Contributors

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day 32

Ended first month of journey at 337 down about 17 lbs from Jan 1.  A good start to a long project.  I am particularly pleased with continued progress in spite of the challenges.  Falling down stairs & having to reduce excercise component slowed progress but did not halt it.

Ankle finally feeling better, only aches if I am on it all day.  I found I had to take a few days where I stayed almost completely off of it.  

Was planning to start again today.  But managed to pull something in my back last night.  Very sore & don't think swinging weight will help.  Will focus on stretches and isometric tensing of core.

I have found that by tensing my stomach muscles the back does not hurt as much.  Fo figure.

I have a pressing deadline for work in morning so I have to go to office & work today.  Will try to get up & walk around a bit every few minutes to keep from stiffening up.  

Looking forward to continuing progress in February.
J

1 comment:

Jon Alford said...

Flexing your stomach tightens your core which is around your spine so probably helps. Nice job on the 337. Especially since you were on a plateau with your Advocare and had already lost a bunch. You do that for a couple more months and people will not recognize you.