Contributors

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 13

Woke up feeling sluggish & wanted to go back to bed. Perhaps a slight Ambien hangover. But got up anyway & then committed foolish act.  Had a little bit of chicken before excercising.  Mistake, stomach in knots while working out, won't do that again.  

Did 3o minute workout.  5 - 8 minutes on Joints & stretches.  The balance of the time spent on dead lift,
swings (2 handed)
cleans (still banging forearm a bit)
snatches
& snatch & walk around as recommended for perfecting form.  

Followed up with Post-Workout recovery & scoop muscle gain shake.  Also Max 3

Watched section on snatches again this morning & know I have to work on technique.  Also think weight has gotten light for me.  Gotta figure out how to squeeze one or 2 new KB's into this months budget.

Was definitely glad that Angela did not feel the need to Pimp me out for Littles Debbies or cheese cake.  She is not kidding, there have been hormone storms that bad.  I have had those phone calls instructing me not to come home without "therapuetic snack" with impatient follow up calls when I did not arrive post haste.  :-)  She seems to be doing better & is happier which is all I was ever concerned about. 

Slightly sore, I can feel that I am pushing the pace a little bit & challenging my body to do more.  I came home last night & after Angela went to bed I did another light workout.  8 minutes deadlifts & swings.

AM experimenting to see what if any effect it will have on my sleep pattern.

Still feeling like I'm holding fluid, have been drinking a sugar free Crytal light type juice, going to cut that out today & see if it is the cause.


Will be drinking lots of water today & may add a few drop of cranberry extract to the water.

1 comment:

Jon Alford said...

You guys crack me up. So you like the video? Not only is Pavel the master, you can hit pause and rewind and see it in slow mo.
Careful Angela, next time you "pimp out" for cheesecake, he might show up with a box of zone bars! There is actually a balanced cheesecake I have made in the past that was decent. It's in "The Formula" book. Lots of good recipes and ideas there.
Great job on the workouts. Keep trying. Next time we talk remind me to tell you how UFC fighter Kevin Burns loses 20lbs of water weight for his fight weigh ins.