Contributors

Friday, January 16, 2009

Jan 16

Had another disappointing day at office yesterday, with mixed results.  Attempted to correct the problem I had created the day before & just made things worse.  One bright spot, I recognized I was in over my head and called for expert assistance, he was able to correct the problem in 20 minutes.  And when he tried to do the task I was assigned that caused all the problems he had the same result.  

No server migration is without its challenges & we have discovered that this one is no different.  Our current version of Quickbooks appears to be incompatible the new server & will have to be upgraded if we want to keep going with current plan.  Grrr!

Why do I mention this, well I had just completed the 1 hour tech call to charming but limited Quickbooks support tech in India and was leaving down the stairs into the warehouse, where some thoughtful soul had turned out all the lights.  

So I'm lighting my way down the stairs with my cell phone screen (dim but manageable) if you pay attention, which I wasn't doing.  I was busy running my mouth and missed a step in the dark with the usual consequences for stupidity, pain.

I fell 3 or 4 steps onto concrete & turned my ankle good.  Mostly I scared my buddy Garth, & felt stupid.  He was behind me on the stairs and could easily have duplicated my pratfall landing on top of me.  He was asking if I was ok, to which I replied that sure I was OK but that I used to be able to talk & walk at the same time. :-)

So now I have a sore ankle to work around while I exercise.   I am going to rest today, & figure out what i CAN do without straining ankle too much.  It is sore but not swollen.  So hopefully it will be temporary problem.

I also weighed myself this morning to get baseline (not to be increased during pause weight) 344
down 10# since Jan1.

I dug out an old cookbook from the zone diet that I am going to review for recipe ideas to help Angela out with.  I appreciate all her effort to keep us supplied with healthier meals but as she mentioned we have been struggling with keeping the tastes interesting.  For people accustomed to gourmet class cooking (ours usually) keeping the food flavorful as well as healthy is critical.  

Since I will likely be a bit less active physically for a day or 2  I will do some cooking ahead to combat the problem.   

1 comment:

Marty said...

Jamie, sorry to hear about your fall. Little injuries like that can be very bad. Don't let it derail you. Godspeed to full recovery. Cheers.