Contributors

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Jan 10

Got some rest.  Still sore, but not as bad.  Did superjoints routine, swings, jerks, cleans for about 8 minutes, before had to stop for domestic emergency.  Garbage disposal sounded like it was attempting to eat the counter.  Had to clear it, today is cook ahead day.  We have found that we do better when we have meals & snacks prepared ahead we are less inclined to make poor choices.

ie: I don't feel like cooking & am starved, fast food starts singing its siren song.

The way we are doing it we always have stuff in freezer for quick reheat dinner, & have ready protein sources for small snack type meals.  I have been trying to eat small snacks including protein throughout the day.  It is a big departure for me, I'm still used to larger meals even after working on these habits for more than a year.

Will excercise some more this afternoon.  Have some work I have to get done today but I am going to multitask as much of it as I can.


Todays weight:  346  I am encouraged by the rapid initial weight loss (8lbs in 9 days).  I know it will level off at some point, but the faster i can get below 300 the better 4 my overall health.  


Yesterdays eating:
Bfast - 2 spark
3- catalyst 
max 3
meal replacement shake with scoop & 1/2 muscle gain protein powder

lunch:max3 2 spark
 shake + protein powder (don't usually do this but I keep stuff on hand at office for emerg & it worked out great yesterday, when i got parked in by unloading 18 wheeler) 

dinnner: roasted chicken (sam's club rotisserie) 4-5 oz
salad made with heart of romaine

still hungry an hour later so had 4 oz of homemade chili leftover from yesterday.

went to bed early.  woke up around midnight restless, had another few oz protein & got some preliminary work done on Sat project.  Went back to bed about 3:00 am




2 comments:

Marty said...

Congrats on the weight loss! You guys are doing awesome!

Keep it up, be strong!

Jon Alford said...

You've got some momentum going so keep it up. Got to love the mini meals. Look for foods that are harder to digest. Makes your body burn calories trying to digest it. I was bad today. Victim of circumstance. 330s? I read that a post workout shake after the workout actually kicks up the metabolism. There's about a 1 hour window of opportunity.