Contributors

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today's effort, tomorrow's reward

Today was a banner day for avoiding the evil cookie! Every Tuesday, temptation strikes from the good willed vendors bringing their wares and a little something sweet. Oh, how I love sweets (see cheesecake posts below :) ) Today, I was determined not to succumb. Took huge salad, split it in half, with the remaining portion going directly to the fridge for a snack later on. Then, I see all the cookies floating around on the table. They smelled so good. Determined, I reminded myself, reward for these steps would not come today, or even next week. The reward is a month from now when I am down to a 16. I believe I have crossed over into the world of nothing tastes as good as a smaller pants size feels. Not every test is a perfect score, but I'm definitely feeling my A+ for today.

No exercise yesterday. Woke this morning for exercise. Went lighter than Sat. due to time. Warm ups and then on to swings, etc.

3/10 deadlifts
3/10 swings
3/10 one armed swings
4/10 lunges
3/10 squats
100 get up situps

Ran out of time for the TGU practice, but did stretch for a bit. Shoulder injury beginning to bark a little. Heading for a massage next week. Should take care of pesky shoulder.

Sweaty day to all. A.

1 comment:

Jon Alford said...

Will Power! Hit it hard until you get where you want to be. Maintenance is much easier and you can cheat more often. Pick a reward day just don't over do it. Maybe Monday should be your super strict day so Tuesday you can have 1 cookie.